Me Mariella De Stefano is a partner in our insurance department and specializes in the management of complex files in insurance litigation, civil litigation, professional liability and product liability.
Me De Stefano did not hesitate to participate in our « Flash Interview » serie. Here are her answers to our questions:
- Why did you chose Insurance law? Un pur hasard ….. At the time there was a rotation system during the stage and I started off in the insurance department. I was asked to assist the head of the department in a trial of long duration. After 6 months I was hired in that department and the rest is history.
- What was the most embarrassing moment of your career (one that you can talk about)? I remember when I pleaded my first Motion in room 2.13. I went up to the stand, looked at the judge and immediately turned around to the lawyer who was accompanying me and I asked: what now?
- What advice would you give to a student partaking in the course au stage? Always be yourself in an interview.
- What do you look for in a young attorney? Someone who is creative, has initiative and remains grounded. Being a team player is key.
- What would you bring on a desert island? My family. Although my daughter would probably refuse to come unless there was wi-fi!
- If you were to be compared to an animal, which one would it be? A gazelle? Apparently I walk fast…
- The last good book you read? The City of Ember.
Thanks Mariella for your time; it was great to get to know you a little better.