Clients rely on our team to advise them on the wide scope of rules and statutes applicable to the management of cities and municipalities in Quebec and on the judicial remedies that can be taken against them.
Our practice as advisors on all aspects of municipal management includes representation before all courts and tribunals in Quebec, regarding:
- Work not meeting the specifications
- Disputes related to claims for work considered by contractors to be unforeseen or surplus
- Property assessment challenges
- Oppositions to applications for exemption from registration on property assessment rolls
- Expropriations for the benefit of cities and municipalities
- Municipal contracts
- Requests for proposals
- Land planning, construction permits, cessation of derogatory uses of buildings and demolition of unsound buildings
- Application of the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information.
We also advise municipal elected officials on ethics matters and represent them when they face related problems.