Human capital represents one of the greatest assets of any business today. In order to succeed, each organization must place human resources at the heart of its concerns. In order to achieve optimal results in implementing harmonious labour relations while protecting the employer’s rights and interests, management must be well guided, assisted, and oriented.
Labour and Employment Law Professionals Who Understand You
Our specialized labour and employment law professionals are aware of the extent of this wealth and familiar with the associated issues. In addition to mastering the legal rules, they excel in the management of human resources. They have all the necessary skills to adapt to your organizational culture and experience, in order to design and implement the most suitable solutions for maintaining industrial peace.
Our Labour and Employment Law Services at a Glance
- Labour relations in unionized and non-unionized environments
- Labour relations in businesses under provincial and federal jurisdictions
- Drafting employment contracts, confidentiality, non-competition and non-solicitation clauses, and employee handbooks
- Human rights and discrimination
- Negotiation and arbitration of collective agreements
- Compliance with labour standards
- Pay equity
- Grievance arbitration
- Prevention of psychological and sexual harassment
- Disciplinary and administrative terminations of employment
- Occupational health and safety: prevention and compensation
- Workforce restructuring upon the sale or merger of businesses
- Advice and representation during strikes and lockouts
- Injunctions and control of picketing
- Judicial review of administrative acts
- Interventions before specialized bodies: Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST), Tribunal administratif du travail; Canada Industrial Relations Board, etc.
- Employer representation upon accreditation proceedings
- Training of management for a positive, proactive and effective approach to labour relations
- Labour relations in the construction and transport industries