Named “One of Canada’s Best Law Firms for Insurance Law in 2024” by The Globe and Mail and “Canada’s Law Firm of the Year 2021 for Insurance Law” by The Best Lawyers in Canada, our group is recognized as an industry leader in Quebec.
With some 40 litigators and paralegals, the group is one of the largest in our market and is distinguished by the solid experience of its vast and diversified team, reflecting a sophisticated clientele which has been loyal for many years. We work closely with numerous companies and institutions in the insurance market.
Our clients choose us because we have made insurance law a specialty. Indeed, the practice of insurance law is not ancillary to the firm; it is at the heart of our service offering and we have been building it for more than 40 years. Over time, we have encountered a multitude of industry-specific issues and have dealt with numerous complex and contentious situations. These diverse experiences have allowed us to develop extensive expertise in the various aspects of the practice.
Our scope of action is local, national and international.
Our Insurance Law Services at a Glance
- Property and liability
- Liability: general civil, professional, directors and officers, products, and sports
- Coverage and interpretation of insurance contracts, including reinsurance issues, both locally and internationally
- Representation of insurers and policyholders before courts, arbitrators, and mediators
- Life and group insurance
- Insurance arbitration and mediation
- Policies for financial institutions
- Fidelity (embezzlement) and surety insurance for financial institutions
- Drafting and translation of insurance policies
- Class actions
- Cyber liability
- Issues specific to the construction sector