*Named 2023 Firm of the Year for Family Law*
Best Lawyers in Canada
Our Family Law Services
Whether you are married, about to be married, or in a common-law relationship, it is important for you to understand your interests and those of your children before, during and at the end of your union. Our family law professionals understand the multiple and complex concerns inherent in living as a couple.
- Commercial aspects. Business people often have assets that are difficult to evaluate or monetize. It is not unusual for spouses to also be partners in the same business. The members of our Business Law group can help clarify these situations and reorganize the commercial assets at stake.
- Inheritance aspects. Working with our Estates, Wills and Trusts group ensures that your estate planning remains consistent with your intentions after your divorce.
- Mediation. Mediation is recognized as an advantageous method of dispute resolution, usually less expensive and quicker than traditional court proceedings. Experienced family law counsellors can guide the parties to a quick and harmonious resolution of their marital disputes, whether or not spouses choose to be accompanied by their lawyers.
At a Glance
- Divorce and separation
- Division of the family patrimony
- Division of the partnership of acquests
- Child and spousal support orders
- Support obligations between civil union spouses
- Compensatory allowance
- Unjust enrichment
- Prenuptial agreements and marriage contracts
- Cohabitation and civil union agreements
- Obligations towards adult children
- Separation and divorce of same-sex spouses
- Separation of common-law or civil union spouses
- Marriage annulment
- Parenting time allocation
- Paternity disputes and claims
- Control of decision-making responsibilities for children
- Relocation of a spouse
- Child abduction
- Protective supervision: Curators, tutors, and advisers
- Drafting and homologation of protection mandates
- Estate disputes
- Situations with international impact