August 26, 2021 — RSS is proud to announce that no less than 30 of the firm’s lawyers — over a third of our professionals — appear in the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers®. In particular:
- Natacha Calixte is designated Lawyer of the Year for Family Law in Montréal, following in the footsteps of Lynne Kassie, Ad. E., who held that distinction last year;
- Seven lawyers — Fabienne Beauvais, Pierre Brossoit, Martin Côté, Hugues Duguay, Laurence Gauthier, Marcel-Olivier Nadeau and Andrew Penhale — appear in the directory for the first time;
- Rachel Clément adds Professional Malpractice Law to the skills for which she is listed and Katherine Delage now includes Insurance Law in her profile, while Sharon G. Druker, Ad. E., is now recognized for her Mergers and Acquisitions practice.
The list of selected lawyers is therefore:
August 5, 2021 — The practice of law can be a source of stress for many a professional. The Canadian Bar Association is well aware of this situation: its Board of Directors has created a CBA Well-Being Subcommittee, whose mission is to provide assistance to professionals facing mental health problems.
Catherine Cloutier has always been driven by the desire to provide assistance around her, first as a dietitian. In the same spirit, she has just accepted to sit on that subcommittee.
One more way in which the people at RSS demonstrate their commitment to our community.
July 22, 2021 — Philippe Brassard, who was officially called to the Bar yesterday, is joining RSS’s Business Law Group, within which he had already made his mark as an articling student. An alumnus of the University of Montréal, he has a passion for the business world that clients have come to appreciate.
July 20, 2021 — RSS is pleased to announce that Maro Coric has been appointed to act as Chief Client Officer. In this role, he will be responsible for the implementation of the firm’s insurance industry-specific business development strategy, and for the Insurance Law Practice Group’s new business opportunities. Maro will be collaborating with the firm’s management team and marketing group.
Maro has considerable experience in the insurance industry and is known for his client-focused approach. He is very familiar with the perspective of the client, having worked for some of the most respected insurance companies in North America, and for an international broker. Maro is known for his business leadership and fine-tuned communication skills. Since joining RSS as partner in 2019, he has drawn upon his experience to enhance relationships with our clients.
Mariella De Stefano, Co-chair of the Insurance Law Practice Group explains the reasons for the creation of this new position. “Client satisfaction has always been a fundamental value for RSS. For us, it was important to emphasize this orientation by entrusting it to a team member having experience and expertise in the insurance industry and intimate knowledge of client needs.”
About the Group
RSS’s Insurance Law Practice Group is a recognized leader in its field. The Group is comprised of some 40 litigators, support lawyers and paralegals. We work in close collaboration with numerous companies and institutions in the insurance industry. Best Lawyers® rated RSS Law Firm of the Year 2021 for Insurance Law in Canada.
In addition, RSS celebrates an important milestone this year: its centennial (1921–2021).
July 13, 2021 — An experienced litigator is joining RSS. Emmanuelle Campeau already has some 13 years’ experience before the courts. In addition to malpractice, and insurance and general liability cases, Emmanuelle has represented countless businesses and their executives in various tax litigation matters.
Deeply committed towards her profession, Emmanuelle sits on the Mandatory Continuing Education Committee of the Bar of Quebec since 2016.
June 28, 2021 — RSS is pleased to have Dimka Markova join its Labour and Employment Law Group as of today. After gaining experience with several legal fields of expertise, she can now focus on a discipline that she found most appealing.
“Dimka’s profile suits exactly what we were looking for in a recruit”, says Jean Denis Boucher, who heads the group. “We’ve known her for several years and wanted to add her to the team. Thanks to her substantial qualities, she will be a valuable resource for our clients.”
May 26, 2021 — Marcel-Olivier Nadeau is among the speakers who will be presenting the online continuing education activity on Recent developments in construction law 2021 (in French), hosted by the Bar of Quebec on Friday, June 4. He will be speaking on recent cases in insurance law applicable to the construction industry.
Mr. Nadeau, who will soon be sitting on the board of the Bar, held the position of bâtonnier of the Bar of Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean until May 7.
May 14, 2021 — RSS is pleased to have two new lawyers within its ranks:
- Samuel St-Jean focuses his practice on construction law, real estate, and business law. His knowledge of the construction industry comes from his professional involvement with a construction company. Samuel was called to the Bar in 2017.
- A member of the Bar since 2018, Maryam d’Hellencourt already has a most impressive background, having been involved in files in various commercial areas of legal practice. Holding degrees in civil and common law as well as a Master of Arts in International Law, she is also very much involved in Montréal’s community.
Jean-Pierre Sheppard, team leader of the Commercial Litigation Group, states: “It is not often you see two lawyers with such experience after so few years of practice. I am sure that our clients will appreciate them.”
April 21, 2021 — As part of National Volunteer Week, the Jewish General Hospital Foundation salutes Sharon G. Druker, Ad. E., who has been contributing to the institution for many years as a long-time Hope & Cope volunteer and, more recently, as a Governance Committee Member.
Sharon describes her contribution to the institution’s mission:
||Having been connected to the JGH as both a patient and a volunteer, I consider it my hospital and am honoured to be able to contribute to its presence in the community. The JGH supported me when I needed it, and I encourage everyone who has benefitted from the hospital’s outstanding services to find a way to give back – it is truly an enriching experience.
April 15, 2021 — As of this week, three recruits are contributing to RSS’s vitality:
- Caroline Cassagnabère, called to the Bar in 2018, has practiced civil and commercial litigation and class actions. She has impressive credentials in academic research and teaching. She holds a doctorate in law from a French university and has conducted research in comparative law at McGill University.
- Catherine Cloutier was already a lawyer in Ontario before being called to the Bar of Quebec… yesterday! Her professional life has a scientific side since she is also a registered dietitian in both provinces.
- Emily Dikranian is also a member of both the Bars of Quebec and Ontario. Ever since she entered the University of Ottawa, she stood out by making the Dean’s Honour List in both the civil law and common law faculties, where she graduated Cum Laude and Magna Cum Laude.
All three are joining our Insurance Law Practice Group.