Business Law / Intellectual Property
Year of call
Quebec Bar, 1969
Richard joined the Business Law group of RSS in 2011. With more than 35 years of experience in the Intellectual Property field, Richard gets to the heart of the issue quickly. Through the years, he has gained considerable experience in trade-mark, copyright, industrial design and patent matters.
His practice includes the drafting and prosecution of trade-mark, copyright and industrial design applications and oppositions before the Trade-Marks Opposition Board. He is regularly involved in the drafting and review of copyright, trade-mark and patent license and distribution agreements. Although not a patent agent, Richard has experience in analysing patents for the purposes of rendering patent infringement opinions.
Richard regularly appears before the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal and the Superior Court.
|Bachelor of Arts (1965)||McGill University|
|Bachelor of Civil Law (1968)||McGill University|
- Richard is an active member of various professional associations, such as:
- Member of the Quebec Bar
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Fellow of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Past President of the « Jewish Family Services » (now known as Agence Ometz)
- Executive Vice-President of the « Baron de Hirsh Cemetery Inc. »