Laurence Gauthier is a Partner in our Insurance Law Practice Group. Her practice focuses on insurance litigation, more specifically on professional and civil liability, insurance, latent defects and construction.
Laurence regularly appears before all the courts in Quebec, having been involved in a wide variety of cases:
- numerous files raising the professional liability of lawyers and notaries
- insurance coverage matters
- the pyrrhotite case, one of the leading claims for latent defects in Quebec’s judicial history
- numerous matters related to construction aspects, in which she represented engineers and building inspectors, among others
- In 2007, representing the designing engineers as participant in the public hearings of the Commission of inquiry into the collapse of a portion of the de la Concorde overpass a year earlier.
Listed in the 2022 edition of Best Lawyers in Canada under Insurance Law
Montreal Association of Insurance Women
Publications and Conferences
“La portée de l’interdiction de subrogation de la police de chantier”, in Développements récents en droit des assurances, Service de la qualité de la profession, volume 467, Éditions Yvon Blais, 2019
Bachelor of civil law, University of Montréal, 2004
Call to Bar