Since her call to the Quebec Bar, Catherine Jobin has focused her practice on insurance law and torts.
She began her career with a renowned firm in Québec City. She then joined a private firm in the Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean region.
Her practice led her to appear before the courts, to deal directly with clients and accompany them through all steps of their files, from initial proceedings through intermediate stages and, finally, at trial.
By focusing her practice from day one, Catherine promptly became familiar with the intricacies of insurance law and developed her skills for critical analysis. She can respond to her clients’ needs and is aware of the importance of treating files efficiently.
In addition to processing her own files, Catherine collaborates with other lawyers from the Insurance Law Practice Group on major cases.
Jeune Barreau du Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean
Publications and Conferences
Various articles in local media:
- “Quelle est la valeur d’un contrat verbal ?”, March 6, 2019
- “L’obligation des commerçants d’effectuer des échanges ou des remboursements”, February 13, 2019
- “Une fois envoyés, les messages textes ne deviennent pas automatiquement publics”, January 23, 2018
- “Je suis locataire et mes voisins sont bruyants : quoi faire ?”, October 4, 2018
- “La responsabilité du gardien occasionnel”, February 24, 2017
- “Les bonnes clôtures font les bons voisins”, September 20, 2016
“L’impact de la Loi canadienne anti-pourriel sur vos communications électroniques”, revue Capital Québec, octobre/novembre 2014
Speaker at the 3rd “Les taxes à la consommation à l’ère du commerce électronique” tax symposium, organized by Laval University and attended by close to 200 tax practitioners, July 4, 2014
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Laval University, 2014
Call to Bar