RSS objective: Bring the ship to port
With players scattered around the world, the marine industry is no small neighborhood. In this industry, you need instant, reliable and effective advice, whether day or night, good weather or bad, 365 days a year, and often concerning major issues.
The members of our Maritime Law team give you the availability, specialized expertise and flexibility necessary for the proper conduct of all interventions. Our expertise in this unconventional realm of International Law, as well as our reputation and qualifications, have been recognized locally, nationally and internationally. Whether you are in Canada or elsewhere in the world, we can assist you at the preventive stage of a law suit, to settle an existing dispute, in planning or carrying out a transaction, or in connection with any claims, litigation or arbitration. Our clientele in the maritime industry includes owners, operators and charterers of vessels of all kinds and their insurers and mutuals (P & I clubs). We also serve shippers and their freight forwarders, warehousemen, insurers and brokers, as well as all the other players active in this complex industry (ship repair, ship chandlers, stevedores, pilots and sea port terminals).
RSS will keep you afloat and on course in the stormiest of waters.
Our services in brief
- Marine insurance and P&I matters
- Charterparty disputes and consultations
- Ship arrests
- Claims in respect of bills of lading
- Towage and salvage
- General average
- Collision and other casualties
- Pollution and oil spills
- Personal injury cases
- Freight forwarding and customs broking matters
- Coastal trade licences
- Obtaining or contesting a demand for a Coastal navigation license
- Marine contracts (contracts of affreightment, charterparty clauses, bills of lading terms and conditions, standard trading conditions, letters of credit , ship mortgages, ship management, agency, ship supplying, ship repairing, towage and warehousing contracts)
- Purchase, sale and financing of ships and shipping companies
|Last name:||Title:||Telephone:||Email:||Law type|